Belt sander rules / requirements
Belt Sander Requirements
- All sanders must run on standard 110v power.
- All sanders must use an unmodified factory manufactured sanding belt.
- Sanders cannot be more than 24” in length.
- Track guides and wheelie bars, or “outrigging” is allowed and encouraged to keep the sanders centered in the track.
- The power cord may be shortened.
Classes – Design Parameters
- Stock Class Guidelines
• The Belt Sander must be a standard product manufactured by a conventional power tool manufacturer.
• No modifications or substitutions may be made to the mechanical or electrical components.
• Non-functional decorations are allowed and encouraged, dress them up. Be creative!
Modified Class Guidelines
- Not allowed at this competition.
- All races will be run on a 8 7/8” (approx.) wide track.
- The track is 32’ long.
- The sanders race side-by-side on a drag strip.
- The track walls (side walls) are 3 1/2” above racing floor.
- Fayetteville Lions Club shall define the number and structure of the races the day of the races according to the number of competitors.
- Starts: Two false starts and you’re disqualified. False starts will be defined as follows:
1. Moving across the starting line too early.
2. No power to the sander at the start.
- Fayetteville Lions Club reserves the right to determine entry acceptance
and race eligibility.
- Each racer is responsible for the setup of their belt sander including the power cord hook up.
- Any no-shows on a contestant’s part will be a forfeiture of the race with the winner moving on.
- The maximum time between races for repairs, modifications, or any other changes will be five minutes in order to move event along.
- Disputed races may be re-run at the discretion of Fayetteville Lions Club officials.
- All decisions by race officials are final.
- Entrance fee of $20.00 (all proceeds go to Lions Club Scholarship Fund)
- Click on 2019 REGISTRATION to register and pay fee.